Manager, Internal Audit
Position: Manager, Internal Audit
|ADVERT Ref No||SASRA/HRA/1000/09/VOL.I(45)|
|PLACE OF WORK||Headquaters, Nairobi.|
|DEPARTMENT||Internal Audit and Risk|
|REPORTING TO||Administratively to the CEO, functionally to the Board.|
|SUPERVISERS/OVERSEES||Internal Audit Assistants.|
|TERMS||Permanent and Pensionable.|
Purpose of the Job, Key duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of this job is to develop and maintain sound audit and Risk policies and practices, procedures and standards to ensure that appropriate controls are instituted and implemented to safeguard the Authority’s Assets and ensure it meets its mandate.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Developing flexible risk based annual audit plan using Authority risk assessment, including any risks or control concerns identified by the management;
- Developing audit programmes and reviewing audit working papers to ensure they are complete and available audit evidence fully supports audit opinions and recommendations;
- Reviewing and compiling the audit reports for all risk based audits conducted by Internal Audit staff and following up implementation of the audit recommendations;
- Participating in the identification of possible risks in the Authority operations, ensure monitoring and evaluation of the identified risks, recommends the appropriate control measures, and follow-up on implementation;
- Managing the implementation of the annual audit plan as approved, including as appropriate any special tasks or projects requested by management and the Audit Committee;
- Formulating and coordinating implementation of internal audit policies, strategies, identify areas that offer opportunities for improvement and make appropriate recommendations;
- Preparing a report on the accuracy Financial Statements for Audit & risk Board Committee consideration;
- Developing and updating appropriate risk management and internal control framework;
- Assisting in Providing secretarial services to the Board Audit, Risk Management and Governance Committee in the absence of the Director;
- Carrying out special audits and investigations (ad-hoc) as may be required from time to time and submit report of findings to the Board and Management.
- At least six (7) years working experience in audit, three (3) of which must have been at a managerial level.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Commerce (Accounting option); Commerce (Finance option); Business Administration (Accounting option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related disciplines;
- CPA (K), or, CIA (K), or Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in a Management Course from a recognized Institution;
- Must be a member with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or Institute of Internal auditors;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Qualified candidates who meet the criteria are invited to submit their applications quoting the job reference number/title on both the letter and envelope. An up to date Curriculum Vitae together with copies of all certificates/ testimonials must be attached and submitted ………….as to reach the Chief Executive Officer on or before 31st March, 2019 at the Address below
Chief Executive Officer,
Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority,
UAP Old Mutual Building,
P.O. Box 25089-00100,
SASRA will also be receiving applications online here.
You can also download a copy of this advert from the Job Vacancies section under the resources menu.
Please note that SASRA is an Equal opportunity Employer. Lack of inclusion of all copies of documentation/ details as sought for or any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. SASRA DOES NOT require applicants to pay any fee during the recruitment process.